Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5, 2012: " I'm Sexy And I Know It": Chicken style.

Went to the fair last night and visited the chicken's.  Then had the most fantastic fair food ever created...The Corn Dog!  I mean it was rockin!!  Just the  right amount of batter, really good tart mustard,, and smoking hot.  Oh yeah..back to chickens. 

The beautiful little girls and some very impressive guy chickens were either strutting their stuff , eating, drinking water or relaxing.  And guess what?  Almost all of the girls had to have been fuzzeled because when I walked up to their cages and talked sweet to them, they all came closer and exhibited a real interest in me! 

Almost all had recently laid eggs which apparently are collected for each chicken, with the most prolific chicken be named the winning egg producer.  I bet they don't even realzie they have won.  Ihope that the chicken wranglers at least give them a treat for all this effort.

I also got to pet a lovely white hen.  We also realized that chicken's are big!  There were some humungous hens that looked like they weighed 50 lbs.  It as probably the feathers, but damn!  Cal and I agreed these girls would be giving our dog Annie a run for her money, size wise, and could hold their own in a doggie-chickie dust up. ( though we will be doing some extensive anti-chicken fighting training).  I think I'm going to have to do some anti-doggie fighting training with the girls too.  Or buy bantams.  Except with bantams you get tiny little miniture eggs. So cute!

I am including a picture of Gracie, a lovely little girl, who was just  adorable.  She looked me right in the eye, and just like our dog, I  saw this wonderful honesty and lack of guile.  Earnest, that how she looked.
I fell in love.

A few cages down was Henry, the almost picture perfect rooster who was preening, crowing, and strutting around just like a handsome man who knows he's sexy.  What an Ass!!  The kind of "bad boy" girls go wild over.   And ladies we all have at least one Bad Boy in our past, es verdad?

See you tomorrow.  Here are the pictures of Henry and Gracie.




No comments:

Post a Comment