Friday, August 3, 2012

Aug. 3, 2012: James Bond and Chickens

Since I began my adventure into the world of chickens via this blog, 237 people have been reading me!  People from the US, Russia, Korea, and The Netherlands, so far. I thought just my family and a few friends might enjoy my nattering about my love for chickens.  I am blown away.

I have learned so much about chickens and thought I'd share some chicken trivia today.  Did you know that according to Ian Fleming,  James Bond preferred the eggs from Maran chickens?  They lay chocolate brown eggs, and appear to be very sweet chickens.  They are also really pretty.  I've never had a chocolate brown egg, but I do love anything chocolate so.....

Did you now that chickens are the closest living relative of the T-Rex?  Is that really true?  My husband told me he read that on a chicken cage at the Fair yesterday.

I am going to the County Fair tomorrow to actually see some chickens, and hope to be able to cuddle with some of them.  I need a chicken fix!  We have a real old fashion small town County Fair with the usual: livestock showing, pig kissing, funnel-cake eating, corn dog munching, Frito Pie spooning.  A veritable cornucopia of cardiac incident inducing foods.  Can't Wait! 

Cal is working at his Kiwanis Club booth making hamburgers, hot dogs, garlic fries and the infamous Frito Pies.  He tells me he visited the Art exhibit yesterday and says my photos could be winners.  So maybe next year I will enter one or two.  Yes I take pictures too.  Nothing fancy, and anyone who has the right apps. can create a masterpiece.  Perhaps I can combine my love for chickens and my photography.  Chicken art seems to be big right now. 

Tomorrow we construct the coop which has now received a coat of sealant and is ready to assemble. 
I want my chickens!! 

Ciao fellow chicken lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment