Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 26, 2012: Not about chickens today.

Today I learned that a dear old friend is gravely ill.  I was over whelmed with a feeling of shock, followed by anguish, then tears.   How could this be happening to this vital, exuberant, funny, loving, fun-loving woman I have known for so many years?  Then I prayed, then sent out word to add her to our church prayer list,  now what do I do?

I feel helpless.  I know most of us have lost loved ones, and we all know what that feels like.  We know life is tenuous, a mere breath in time.  What can we do?  Grieve, cry, scream, pray and then go on living, and loving.

Faith sustains me through these difficult times.  And having someone, something to love and cherish.

It may seem silly to some to see me writing about chickens, so mundane and unimportant.  And perhaps it is in the greater scheme of things, but not in day to day living. 

I can only live each day, not the past  (oh well yes, I do live in the past sometimes - who doesn't) , certainly not in the unpredictable future....just today.  And I want as many things as possible to love and nurture in my daily life. 

God, family, friends, dogs, chickens, what ever we love brings meaning to our life.  Sometimes there is nothing to be done, but to love, trust in God, and live. 

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment