Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19, 2012: Chicken Anticipation.

I'm a planner.  I am logical, rational, and pragmatic most of the time.

When we were planning our last trip to see the kids and grandkids in London, we had to start months in advance.  We had to save the money for the trip, make all the travel arrangements, coordinate with  kids to make sure we had a schedule that fit into their busy lives, and get all of our ducks in a row here at home.  We had a lot to do, and proscribed times frames to get things done in.  You know, like  lose 50 lbs. (yeah, well, that did not happen), check to see our passports were up to date, get a pet sitter lined,  a million details. 

Let's jump forward to today.  I WANT MY DANG CHICKENS!  I started thinking about getting chickens 2  months ago.  Turns out unlike a European vacation,  getting chickens is a lot easier and less complicated.  Especially when we ordered the coop and it came in less than a week.

We also had talked about not actually getting the girls until we got back from our vacation, so that we would not be getting them, then immediately leaving,  before they could get used to the coop, the yard and the dog and of course Mommy and Daddy.  I wanted to fuzzel them, talk to them, see what they wanted to be named, and love em up a bit.  You know, make them feel at home.

I have done a lot of online research on caring for chickens, looked at dozens of breeds, finished decorating the coop, fuzzeled a few chickens, just to get the feel of it, and I am ready!  WHERE ARE THE GIRLS?

I feel like an expectant mom waiting to deliver.  The nursery is ready, the layette is ready, the basinette is ready.......having anticipated the arrival of the girls for several weeks, I am now tired of waiting.  You probably are too.

Even though I know it is best for the girls if we wait to get them in three weeks versus tomorrow, I still want those little hens pecking around the yard ASAP. I  know, I know.  I need to be patient a bit
longer, but I am not know for my patient nature,  Capisce?

Any suggestions on names, or ways to handle my chicken anticipation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment