Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10, 2012: Chickens Love Coffee

Photo: Good Morning, everyone. Now this is service ~ Wishing you all a wonderful Friday..  What's on your weekend agenda, we are on yard duty this weekend, while the weather will be sunny and nice.. Rain, and cooler temps next week ~Debbie~
My friend Sally sent this too me this morning. I love it.  Ya think it is photo shopped? 

Now I have the answer to why the girls constantly hang out by the back door,  They want coffee!!  Who doesn't!  I know this is a rooster, but everyone knows hens are smarter ( yes they are).  Any way, I also think they know there is food in the kitchen. 

When Annie chased Barbara into the house, she ran right into the kitchen, which is not a direct route from the dining room slider.  Barbara had to run around the dining table, the end of the sofa, into the entryway then hang a hard right to get into the kitchen.   That is where she headed. 

Thank goodness she chose the room with the hardwood floor .  She did not "leave a calling card", but as she seems to be a prodigious  pooper it could have happened.

It is pretty cold today, not freezing, but pretty near in the early morning.  The girls wanted out of the coop early today, but dashed out to peck and get scratch, then ran back up into the roosting area.  We just replaced the pine shavings and it is toasty in there.  Gotta watch heir water and make sure it doesn't freeze. 

As for the picture, I'm sure the girls could learn to do this, but that pot is way to small for the coffee drinking folks in out house, and I truly do not want either of them standing on the kitchen table.

Have a good weekend my fellow chicken wranglers.. And thanks again Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment