Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013: Chickens Made Me Famous

Briefly, in my life I have  been an RN, Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice for 35+ years, EAP Counselor, Child Therapist, Critical Incident Responder for the Dept. of Defense, published author, blah blah blah.  Not telling you this to brag, just background information.

Four months ago we got our chickens, Barbara and Mabel.  I began posting on FB and my blog even before that. 



Jump to Saturday night, Feb. 2nd.  Cal and I and our Italian cousins + my twin Karen and her husband ( also Italians) attended a huge Rotary Crab Feed.  900+ people there.  Saw lots of people I knew.  Great food, lots of fun, and the following:

Comments about my 47 year long career life:  1
Comments about the Italian Cousins:  1
Comments, questions, discussion about the chickens:  14

Lesson:  I should have gotten chickens earlier or become a chicken rancher and not bothered with all that other stuff!
Insight:  Lots of people like chickens...no not chicken as in BBQ'd, fried, or baked,  just chicken on the hoof, so to speak.  LOLOLOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment