Thursday, February 28, 2013

2/28/2013: Mabel The City Chicken


                                                             Mabel The City Chicken

Well dear readers I finally finished the first draft of my children's book, "Mabel The City Chicken."  It's reality based and written from Mabel's perspective. 

I wanted to bring a message of hopefulness, facing changes and fears, and the importance of loving support for children to build resiliency and self worth through Mabel's journey from chicken ranch to our back yard.  The known into the unknown. 

It is currently being edited and is in the infancy stages of ever getting published, but it is exciting to get it down on paper.  I know nothing about getting a children's book published, but figure I can learn that. 

Meanwhile Mabel could care less.  She and Barbara are happy going after worms in the newly seeded backyard lawn.  You may remember that we used to have a lovely yard with a rich green lawn off our patio.   That was BC, before chickens.  Now with the building of the chicken run, and limiting the girls free ranging time each day, we may be getting out lawn back, or a reasonable facsimile of a lawn anyway.

Annie continues to sneak into the chicken run whenever she can to eat chicken feed, Mabel is sleeping a little later in the morning, and Barbara is a constant source of chicken joy.   I just saw her pull an entire worm out of the ground today and eat it.  It made me want to hurl! But hey she loves them and I believe they are an excellent source of protein.  I won't be eager to see that activity again.

Peace and Love to you all dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment