Thursday, January 31, 2013

1/31/2013: Chickens and Gorillas

I am still laughing an experience today.  The day started with the usual coffee/paper/FB/e-mail/Words With Friends.  Then shower, grocery shopping, unload and put away stuff, lunch with Mom and Sister.   Karen and I decided to run by PetCo as she needed dog biscuits.  I went looking for a toy for Annie our dog.  Karen had bought a monkey that screeched toy for her dog.  I loved it, but they were all gone.  They did have a stuffed gorilla that makes gorilla growls.  Bought it for Annie.

Of course Annie loved it...as soon as she stopped being afraid of it's screech.  Meanwhile I went out to release the chickens into the yard.  Annie dashed past me with her gorilla in her mouth.  At first the girls ignored her ....until Annie squeezed the Gorilla.  Then all hell broke loose!

The girls were over buy the grass, heard the screech and jumped 3 feet in the air, sideways, landing with a boom on the wooden deck, then ran as fast as they could to me, wild-eyed and wanting Momma to help them escape horrible beast in the yard.  I laughed until I fell down...then felt terribly guilty about laughing at my girls.  I soothed them, gave them raisins, and put the gorilla in the house.

Found that chicken's recovery period from terror is rapid, especially when raisins are involved.    10 minutes later they were cruising around the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment