Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Januray 9, 2013: Jumping Chickens

Cal and I are still coughing and what not, but have managed to get out and clean the girls coop, replacing their pine shavings with fresh new ones about 6 inches deep.  New year, new shavings!

And I have got to keep my phone handy to video Mabel as she continues to jump on the little table outside the bedroom glass doors and peer in at us. She looks, stares, lifts her little head up high and tries to get us to come out and play.

Day before yesterday I sauntered into my bathroom, and opened the blinds only to see a cat creeping again.  Barbara was faced off with the cat, so I banged on the window, called to Cal who then let our fearless canine companion Annie out.  She swooped around the hedges and the cat took off.  Barbara did not seemed the least bit disturbed. Idon't think the cat knows what he/she is in for.  Barbara packs a mean peck.

Meanwhile the weather has put our Chicken yard on hold.  Got the 2 by 4s glued down, but that's it so far.  Got to wait for drier weather.

My dear husband has successfully instituted a behavioral training for the girls resulting in them jumping up and down for raisins.  I posted a video on FB and will try to post it again here for my dear readers. Well, can't get the video to attach.  Will try again later.

I have forgotten if I mentioned that I am considering writing a chldren's book called : Mabel: the City Chicken Who Did Not Lay Eggs.  The message will be that laying eggs is not all it's cracked up to be. 



1 comment: