Friday, December 14, 2012

December 14, 2012: My Chicken Family

As we draw nearer to Christmas (yes Christmas, not "the Holidays") thoughts turn towards family, memories, and what Christmas really means to me.

It is the birth of Christ celebrated every year to commemorate that blessed moment.  It is not "The Holidays", it is Christmas and I resent the efforts to impel me and my fellow Christians to  "de-Christ" this blessed day in favor of a more user friendly generic designation, designed to not only be more politically correct, but to get non-Christians to go out and spend!!  See my point.  If I were a non-Christian I would be insulted.  Nuff said.

Back to Christmas, and my 2 new family members.  Barbara and Mabel have become important members of our little family. They are our pets and like Annie we treat them as the little gifts from God we have agree to care for. 

We you look at You Tube you see thousands of videos people have posted of their pets ( and of course PSY).  We love our pets.  I have yet to post a video of the girls though my husband posted a video of me singing my Ode to Caffeine.  But I'm sure Iwill.  What is it about our pets that inspire us to talk about them, video tape them, dress them in outfits that match ours, etc? 

We all know the answer to that, don't we?  LOVE.  They love us unconditionally, without judgement.
It is easier to love a pet sometimes than to love our fellow human beings.  Do my chickens love me?
hard to say, but I think they know that I care for them, and look to me to do that.  Fact is I love them, even of they can't show me the way Annie does.  Are they helping me to learn to love unconditionally?  Hmmm

John Lennon was right you know, ultimately,  All You Need Is Love.  May the God of your Choosing Bless you today.





No comments:

Post a Comment