Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sept. 9, 2012: Poultry Party Patter

Went to a great party last night.  Our friends renewed their wedding vows after 20 years of marriage.  It was sweet and very moving and also a bunch of fun.  What does this have to do with chickens you ask?

1)  Sat down next to a lovely woman named Kiki and through the discussion of the many uses of duct tape discovered that she had had a rooster fly into you  backyard, and roost in her trees.  She named him Roo and dais she grew quiet fond of him.   One day a fiendish hawk flew out of the sky and that was the end of Roo.  Made me even more aware of the dangers our girls face out on the world, and committed to keeping them safe,

2)  While standing waiting for the ceremony to start, our friend Lakhvir and his beautiful wife Amerjit approached me.  Lakhvir said he loves reading my blog! I was thrilled.  I never even though anyone would want to read what I was writing about chicken wrangling. He and Amerjit now have chickens themselves, 8 hens and 12 roosters.  Must be mighty noisy at dawn around their ranch. They are just lovely, gracious people.

3)  Sat down for drinks and dinner and the man sitting next to me began to talk about chickens.  He was not a fan.  Frankly what he had to say about his past history with chickens was frightening. This was after I told him of the dating pool for some time, and don't even now what flirting is anymore, but I'm pretty sure even in today's sick twisted world, this does not constitute an attempt at  flirting, or even making conversation.  WEIRD.

4)  Again at dinner, discussed the apparent huge influx of chicken wranglers into cities.  Seems you can have three hens in San Francisco.   Ran into Michelle my fellow chicken lover who wants to get some silkies,  and says she has the most beautiful rooster, but that he is mean.

See what I'm saying?  All this chicken talk can't be just a coincidence.  Are chickens secretly uniting to take over whole neighborhoods, kind of like Planet of the Apes?

Meanwhile I'm going off the Blog for a week, headed for one of the most beautiful places on earth for a week of just watching the ocean, whales and sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment