Friday, September 7, 2012

Sept. 7, 2012: Do Blondes Have More Chickens?



Gorgeous blond hens.

Do blonde's have more chickens?  A question I never pondered until yesterday while getting my hair back to it's natural blond color (right).  

My friend Michelle who is a nail engineer at my salon, started talking to me about my blog, which she follows from time to time.  She extolled the beauty of our coop, the crazy things people do to turn coops into living rooms and visa versa, and we began a somewhat involved conversation about various breeds. 

I even had to get out my Droid to look  up the names of the breeds with feathery feet, not because I did not know this, but because I could not remember them.  I was about to have a moment of ennui due to the memory lapse, then realized Michelle could not remember either and she is several decades younger than I.

Our entire discussion was about various chicken related issues.  Anna, my genius of a salonist, became involved, asked some very good questions.  Michelle, who has quite a few chickens on her farm, educated us on the need for immediate egg gathering when there is a rooster in your flock.  Otherwise you could have a breakfast surprise resulting in your children never eating another egg.

Yesterday while in the salon the talk centered as per usual around movies we've seen,  Channing Tatum,  domestic violence and the need for women to stop being victims, etc.

Yesterday we added chicken wrangling.  And yes Michelle is a lovely blond, as am I.....now...... thanks to Anna.  Maybe that's why I love Buff Orpingtons.



No comments:

Post a Comment