Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 20, 2012: Chicken in the Kitchen!

Work up before 7am today to get ready for a church function.  Suddenly could hear the chickens screeching.  Scared me to death as I raced out the see if something had gotten into the coop, or one of them was hung up on something.  Threw open the coop door and out ran Barbara like her tail was on fire running straight for the house.

At that same moment Cal opened the slider and Annie ran out.  Cal yells at me, What the hell are ya doing"?  Next scene, Annie has chased Barbara into the kitchen where she proceeded to take a huge, and I mean huge poop.  Like a larger than life golf ball.  See, Cal had not heard the screeching or me shouting that something was wrong, and just thought I had lost my mind.  Little does he know it's been lost for some time now. 

While my blood pressure hit an all time high, I ascertained that nothing was amiss in the coop.  Mabel was hanging out, no dreaded predators ( in this neighborhood it could only be a cat, or maybe a possum), only a nice little warm brown egg in Barbara's nest.  If she is going to announce each egg like this, I'm going to have to get on Xanax.  We do appreciate her prolific laying, but screeching like a banshee does not work for me.

And I think I pulled a muscle in my right arm trying to get the door open.  This Chicken Wrangling ain't for sissy's I'll tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment