Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 23, 2013: Rising With The Chickens

It is now 4:45 am my time and I am wide awake.  WHY!!! I should be sleeping soundly beneath my quilts with the dog under the covers next to me, between me and my husband.

Its those dang chickens!  They have modified my behavior!  They wake up so early! 

I am retired!! No more up at 0dark30.  It may be part of their plot to take over the house by making me so tired I just give up and let them in.

Right now I am being very very quiet.  I have figured that if I go into the kitchen to start the coffee, they will hear me and start squawking.  Their chicken run is right on the other side of the wall in the kitchen, and they have very good hearing. 

They are so cute though when they run to the sliding doors in our bedroom when we let them out.  Cal released the beasts yesterday morning while i was still blissfully asleep.  I woke up and threw back the curtains to find two little hens preening and cococococing right out side the door.  They looked up at me as if to say "Hi Mommy", we let you sleep later today, but don't get  used to it". 

I know their plan now...but I am the Mommy, and no matter what, they are not getting in.  Besides the bed is too small for 2 chickens, one dog and two human beings!

No comments:

Post a Comment