Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28, 2014: Typo leads to renaming Hens!

Just a short note about something that happened today that changed the way we refer to our hens.  I was posting on Facebook in response to some ones comment about loving chickens.  I finished my response and before posting looked up an noted that I had typed "shickens", instead of chickens.

I think this was not an accident or an error, but a subconscious expression of what I really feel.  I love them girls something awful, but they really do poop a lot.

Cal's son Kevin was visiting from London this past weekend, and Cal and I worked our butts off to get the patio pristine.  I mean it was beautiful.  Could have been featured in Sunset Magazine or House Beautiful.

On Sunday morning we were having coffee out on the loggia when a sneaky hen came up and crapped right next to Cal just as he stood up to get more coffee.  How delightful it was to see  him step in it barefooted and smear it across the patio floor.  Our idyllic morning suddenly became real "real".  Sophisticated lounging ala loggia went out the window, replace by shicken reality.

Ahh Shickens!  They never disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment