Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11, 2014: Chickens Celebrate Birthdays

 
I know this is a picture at Christmas, but the hens also like any kind of celebration.  Tomorrow is Cal's birthday.  I told the girls Daddy was having a birthday and they.....well they just looked at me.  But I could tell they were excited!  Barbara even pooped right then, so excited.
Cal and I talked yesterday about how much the chickens, our dog, and the 5 neighborhood cats we feed add to our lives. 
Annie gives us love, kisses, and cuddles.  The kittens are so sweet.  They won't let us touch them, but do stay on the porch versus running away like they did at first.  Very sweet to watch them come to the porch to eat.
But....our chickens give us something else!  That's why they call them pets with benefits.  EGGSEGGSEGGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment